6.15.2009

Temples here and Temples there



I  got to go to the  Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple open house- It was really cool. This is one of two temples that have been recently built in the Salt Lake Valley. I also got the chance to also walk through the Draper Utah Temple. Both are beautiful. Very different temples. The height of Oquirrh Moutain is a little deceiving. It is not very large inside- Provo Utah temple is larger, but it looks spectacular.  

My aunt and uncle live just a few miles from the new temple. I have been driving up there for the last two years or so. It has been really neat to see the progress in building a remarkable house of the Lord. 

Oquirrh Mountain is the tallest building around it. In fact- this last sat, it was struck by lightning in a rainstorm. It blackened the end of Angel Moroni's trump.  

The recent temple extravaganzas- both Draper and Oquirrh Mountain and a Manti trip, and of corse Provo makes me really excited to go through the Houston temple this next month! 


Manti (PS- I took this Picture- one of my favorites) 


Oquirrh Mountain

Draper 

Houston

2 comments:

Corina said...

Bre! I love the Houston temple and I love the picture you took of it :) It brings out all the beauty and I just love it even more.

Unknown said...

I was wondering if I could buy a print from you to use as a Christmas gift? I hope you still check this blog.