10.07.2008

And so it starts...

Everyone has heard the expression "A picture is worth a thousand words".  Yes, that is good and true, but I think it is something more.

A photo is a memory frozen in time. A time capsule of experiences. The faces in them never grow older or lose their smile, an eternity of joy contained within the frame. They make us laugh, smile, and cry. They are the journal of our emotions, the feast for our eyes. They draw our thoughts to those moments, big and small, that changed our life and molded us into the people we are today. 

2 comments:

Erin said...

So I just read your entire blog...what an excellent use of my time. No really, everything you said about photography and capturing moments made me want to cry, because that's how I feel about writing. I believe all of the art forms are a way to express the things we learn and experience when we don't know how to say it directly. And I thought your blog was incredibly awesome. I'm seriously tearing up here. Thanks for letting me be a part of your life. :)

Erin said...

P.S. When we get back from our missions you should teach me how to make a good blog, because right now my blog has zero pictures. Okay that's all. Love you.